Current Mission Opportunities
Congregational Mission Trips
"You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." Acts 1:8
LWLC is sending you, because you are the missionaries sharing the gospel:
- Dove Elementary: Witness to kids 3rd-5th grade at Dove Elementary Kid's Beach Club Thursdays 2:45-4:05 pm through games, Bible stories, and snack time. Anyone who cannot physically volunteer, being a prayer partner is a great way to be involved. Resumes in the fall. Click Here
- Chicago: Be a witness, partnering with "My Father's Business" as we build relationships while playing basketball, sharing a meal and conversation, and sharing the gospel with inner-city youth. Trip dates: TBD. Cost $75. Click Here
2020 Mission Trips:
Sr. High Youth
- Lutheran Valley Retreat- Woodland, CO
- July 25th through the 1st of August.
- Cost $325 Click Here
Jr. Sr. High Youth
- Memphis, TN
- July 11th through July 17th.
- Cost $325 Click Here
Family Mission Trip
- Costa Rica
- June 6th through June 13th
- Cost $475 Click Here
Where are you being called?
FriendSpeak: We need volunteers to engage in one-to-one English conversation with international friends on Friday mornings from 10:00 to 11:00. Training is provided. This is a fun and easy; a great way to make a new friend. FriendSpeak is conducted in a one-to one setting with the emphasis on relationships and meaningful conversations based on Biblical texts. The results are new relationships and heart-felt conversations about faith.
Lead Bingo at Woodridge Nursing Home
Help call bingo at Woodridge Nursing Home the 3rd Sunday of each month at 3:00 pm.
LWLC Pet Therapy Ministry
If you have a friendly dog that is good around strangers consider joining our Pet Therapy Ministry: Paws and Pals, serving at Woodridge Nursing Home one Saturday a month.
LWLC Sanctity of Life Team
Join our team to help promote a culture of life for all people, but especially for the unborn, elderly, and disabled through life-affirming events, speakers, media and partnership with Lutherans for Life and area pregnancy centers.
Sack Lunch Ministry Team
Join us as we make 100 sack lunches to help Union Gospel Mission feed the increasing number of Homeless seeking food. We meet the first Sunday of the month after the late service in the Family Life Center.
Union Gospel Mission/ Fort Worth
Help us feed the hungry the 2nd Thursday of each month from 4:00 to 7:00 pm (1331 E Lancaster Ave, Ft Worth , TX 76102)
Quilting Ministry- Sewing for Missions
Join us at the church the 2nd Saturday of each month at 10 AM, as we sew simple blanket type coverings for missionaries to share with those to whom they minister to around the world. Bring a sack lunch and enjoy fellowship and simple sewing.
Handmade with Love- Baby Items
Join the team to make handmade caps, socks and blankets for newborn babies. Once a month the items are collect and donated to our mission partner, Mid-Cities Pregnancy Center.
BBQ Fellowship that smokes meat for various church events.